Tuesday 8 February 2011

Crystal Renn Speaks out on being 'Labelled'

Crystal Renn found fame as a size 14 plus-size model, but in recent months she has come under fire for her drastic weight loss dropping to a size 6-8.

Now Renn formerly known as the world’s most famous “plus sized” model has gone on the record in a video post on her model agent’s blog, to defend her right to be whatever size she might be without fear of criticism from the media.

Renn hates being labelled as a "plus-sized" model and refuses to gain weight so she can live up to people's expectations as a plus-sized model.

In an interview on the Ford Models blog, she said: "I think that by placing a title on my head, which is 'plus-size', and then the picture that these people have created in their mind about what plus-size actually is, I've basically failed your expectations just with that."

Crystal - who has battled anorexia in the past - refuses to put on any weight just to please people because she is now in a healthy place with her body and mind.

She said: "I would have to have another eating disorder to live up to that expectation. I had anorexia because someone else set the standard for me and I wanted to follow it."

"If I followed what the public wanted from me. I'd be doing the same thing. I'd have a binge eating disorder. "It's about individual health. You cannot tell if someone is healthy from the outside, because health is different for everybody at different sizes."



No comments:

Post a Comment